Monday, June 22, 2009

Q & A Time

My first lesson was my self-introduction. And my first self-introductions were boring and difficult to understand. I continue to introduce myself to students who have entered JHS for the first time or to elementary school students who I have just started teaching year after year. I still haven't figured out a way to make my boring self appear interesting, but I can confidently say that it is much easier to understand to an audience of students who have just begun learning English. Although my self-introduction isn't anything too interesting and it doesn't help that I have to keep talking about myself every year, I still look forward to the questions my curious students ask this foreigner standing in front of them.

-Do you have a boyfriend?
If you are an ALT, you will have probably been asked this question a million times... They always ask this... JHS students always want to know.

-How old are you?

-Are you really foreign?

-Are you half-Japanese?

-What is your dog's name?

-Do you like Japan?

-What's your blood-type?

And it gets more interesting as the students get younger...

-What is your favorite number?

-Are you married?

-When's your birthday?

-What is your favorite ghost?

-Out of all the American people in the world, who do you want to have as your pet?

-What's your favorite country?

...amongst many others I can't remember at the moment...

No comments:

Post a Comment